I'm not usually that interested when fashion designers try their hand at makeup.
Not everyone is involved in the design and production, or ensuring they get the formula right despite the premium price-tag you pay for the packaging and brand name. (Michael Kors' appalling $40 lipsticks with their patchy, cheap formula come to mind.)
"And what does Tory Burch know about makeup right?"
But when I saw that image of the Bronzer & Blush compact while shopping on harrods.com, I knew I HAD to at least give it a try.
What you get is a trio of sorts, with a highlight, blush, and bronzer. But I knew it was pointless trying to split the shades because the tones are so close between the highlight and bronzer that it wouldn't make much of a difference.
The highlight isn't pale enough to highlight, and the bronzer is not going to look bronze on anyone except the very pale. THAT SAID - these 3-color blush and bronzer compacts usually give a gorgeous soft warm apricot color when swirled together.
And I'm happy to report this is gorgeous. You get a fleshy soft apricot that works with any neutral or soft look and never goes on muddy or streaky. The shimmer isn't obvious and won't emphasize pores. You also don't have to pick up a ton of product to get a bit of healthy color on your face.
I admit I didn't do any extra research. This is the only shade (01 Divine) I saw on the site and I don't know if there are more options for deeper skin tones.This particular shade won't work well on tan to dark skins simply because the colors are quite soft.
If they have more shades I would definitely be interested in having a look.
Besides, after spending £35 on this, you kinda WANT to pull out that gorgeus orange and gold compact in its little fabric pouch with the Tory Burch logo on the clasp anyway.
Look of the Day: Soft neutrals with slightly overdrawn lips
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Liner in Black Ink, applied in a smoky hazy manner along whole of the upper and half of lower lash line, using a small lip brush. I apply the liner first if I want a soft, subtle definition and no visible lines.
- Urban Decay Shadow Box palette - Sin (pale champagne) applied over inner half of lids, Lost (medium brown) in outer half of lids and socket, Baked Cowboy (gold) dabbed lightly just down the center of the lid.
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara - I don't love the original formula but I'm trying to finish it up. And my Shu Uemura lash curlers make up for the mascara's woeful lack of curling power.
- The Balm Bahama Mama lightly to contour under cheekbones
Lips - (this is for you if you like that Kylie Jenner look but don't want it too over the top)
- Tory Burch Bronzer & Blush in 01 Divine
- NYX Lip Pencil in 1000 Years - this is a taupe lip pencil; looks scary but it's PERFECT for subtly overdrawing the lips. Just draw right outside the edge of your lip line and this color helps create the illusion that the natural contour/shadow cast by the edge of your lip is slightly further out.
- MAC matte lipstick in Runway Hit - a peachy pink hued nude; I think this is limited edition but Kinda Sexy has a similar effect and tone. And yes - matte and semi-matte lipsticks work better for overdrawing your lips. If you need shine, apply it only to the center, away from the edge of the lips.
Thank you for your information, your blog is so informative and intresting.ReplyDelete
Noida packers and movers
Delhi packers and movers
Gurgaon packers and movers
Faridabad packers and movers
Packers and movers Indirapuram Ghaziabad
Delhi movers and packers