|The 50s look features full and arched brows. Here I emphasized the arched shape but kept the color quite soft instead of using a typical black-brown.
Polished skin was a big thing for pinups and it’s no different here. I used a dewy finish foundation and a radiant setting powder so there would be a soft-focus glow.
- The pinup eye features a very clean eye lid and some matte shading along the socket line, but I kept things smoky and luminous with a soft taupe shadow over the entire lid.
- Kitten liner is a must. But instead of hard black, I used a soft metallic taupe brown to keep the eye area very luminous and soft. (A grey or brown would work too.)
- To add dimension I used a metallic red lipstick instead of a regular creme or matte texture. But you still want to emphasize a slightly rounded upper lip by exaggerating the outer sides of the cupid’s bow just a little with red liner. (Not too much or it will look extremely unnatural.)
- Skin: MAC Face & Body foundation C2
- Concealer: MAC Studiofinish concealer NW20
- Setting powder: Bourjois Poudre de Riz de Java
- Blush: TheBalm Hot Mama
- Brows: Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 pencil in Seal Brown
- Brown liner: (used as eyeshadow base) Bourjois Regard Effet Metallise in 52 Brun Inoxydable
- Eyeshadow: Givenchy Le Prisme Yeux Mono #14 Elegant Taupe
- Liner: Lancôme Hypnse Star Eyes cream shadow in ST 211 Quartz Taupe
- Mascara: Lancôme Hypnôse mascara
- Lip liner: MAC Cherry lip liner (to fill in and shape the cupid’s bow)
- Lipstick: Kat von D Foiled Love
- Gloss: Any clear gloss