Say you're doing away with the whole dinner and flowers thing, and having fun at the club or jazzing it up with the girls (or boys) this Valentine's.
Who needs another neutral, barely-there makeup look? You want all eyes on you baby!
This is a very fun way to wear a classic red lip and liner retro "Bombshell" look, and while I picked blue because I have brown eyes, you can EASILY adapt this to any other color. This is good for any skin tone and most eye shapes, including mature skins and hooded lids. If you have mono-lids, the liner might not show up quite as well.
What you'll need are:
- Nude beige shadow (you can use pressed powder, really)
- A matte soft-brown (I got both shades from the 88 Warm palette)
- Gel liner in a dark shade (I used a blackened blue; Japanese brand KATE's Gel Liner in BU-1)
- Matching pearlescent shadow in a bright medium-tone (I used a metallic violet-blue, Kat von Shade Shifter in Stockholm)
Now, you can use navy regardless of what eye color you have, but IF again, you insist on getting obsessed about making your eye color pop, then go with the below:
- Green/Hazel eyes: Dark purple/plum gel liner and a bright medium purple shadow
- Blue/Grey eyes: Dark brown gel liner and a coppery or metallic bronze shadow
All these combos will look great with that same orange-red cheek and lip. (I used NYX Cinnamon blush and Revlon Strawberry Suede matte lipstick, which is discontinued, but MAC Lady Danger is similar, if a bit more intense and red.)
Step 2: Next, using a soft matte brown, run along the socket line, concentrating most of the color on the outer corners of the eye. Take care not to go too low or you'll make your eye look droopy.
Tip: Imagine a line going from the corner of your eye to the end of your brow. Go no lower than that line when you are doing your contouring.
Now finish with mascara and your eye is done.